I have to tell you something
[html]

Okay, extensive powerplay in the past tense, but I tried to keep true to what we agreed to, earlier. Anything you want changed, I'll change it.

"Good," the bronze wolf said, his feet landing beneath him after skirting to the side to avoid her flashing teeth. "You're fast enough, but I want you to keep target priority in mind. Pay more attention to my face and neck, less to my shoulders. Flanks can be safely bitten if you keep your wits and feet ready, and know when to disengage, but if your fangs are in my shoulder, it means that mine are in range of your neck. That will work against enemies who are unused to pain, but an experienced fighter will likely make you pay for that, possibly with fatal results, depending on where he or she gets your neck." He stood off from Tayui, before moving forward again for another pass, studying her own motions while he orchestrated a straight forward lunge.

She was an interesting student. She was quite physically powerful, and graceful enough that her movement wasn't impeded by her size. Nevertheless, the most interesting aspect of these lessons was the fervor with which she set to it. She didn't seem headstrong, but nothing discouraged her; she was focused completely on getting this right, and that focus had made for quick progress. They had met several times over the last few days, her appetite for learning this new skill reminding him of himself, back when he had met Gronnor. It brought a smile to his face, though he did not usually show it to her.

Something was troubling him, though. He had something to tell her...he had decided to hold off and give her the self-defense lesson she'd asked for, knowing that her leader instincts would probably kick in once he told her what he needed to, and she would be cheated out of the lesson.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread