[M] Individual Aftermath
((Let me know if the pp is too much! Otherwise, here we go! LOL))

Her words confirmed his fears. Blood loss and shock were combining in her to make a potentially deadly combination. He was glad he'd been watching her as closely as he'd stitched up her brother, Honrin. "It will hurt, it's too deep to hurt right now." He reached for her as she stumbled, relieved when she wrapped her good arm around him. It didn't take the two long to get across the square and to Tal's house. He propped Kelvada up as he pushed open the door, and practically dragged her to a chair.

He eased her into a sitting position, and then spun around. Myrddin poked his head into the kitchen, and Tal looked up at him. "Good. You're here. Help me out. I need warm -not hot- water. I need several of the smaller needles at the table. I'll need my astringent salves, and my poppy seed tincture. Bandages, maybe some splints..." He was suddenly aware that Myrddin had already moved off to begin gathering the things he'd requested.

He turned to the shelves and pulled down the sea salt as Myrddin came in with a bowl of heated water. He nodded, speaking tersely to his son. "Heat up more for a tea to prevent infection and ease bleeding. Avoid Willow bark. Goldenrod for sure...you know the herbs I use. Make a cup of it and be ready to help Kelvada drink it." As Myrddin moved off to do as he said, Tal returned to Kevada's side. He stirred some salt into the warm water, then lifted her hand and placed it into the bowl. "It might sting a bit, but I have some medicine to help with pain." He helped her turn her hand over so he could see the wound better as the salt water began it's work. "I'll need to stitch that, the sooner the better. Keep the hand in the water, it's cleaning the wound to begin preventing infection. Your mother's teeth did that, right? Bites are particularly prone to infection."

Messages In This Thread