The Eye of the Storm
[html]
Ooc text goes here. [WC: 344 || Pts: 3]

Kai's feral yellow eyes narrowed as the female continued to sharpen her blade, and if it was possible, her stiffer movements caused the noise to become louder. On purpose, he was sure of it. As he suggested that he leave if the noise bothered him, he snorted dismissively, as if the idea of him leaving was absurd. Frustration radiated from him with this female - him leaving was probably her aim, and it would no doubt fill her with satisfaction if he did so on her behalf, and so despite his annoyance, he decided that trumping her smugness was more important to him than her irritating presence or the noise of her blade. This would be his victory. Staying to annoy her.

Everything was a competition to Malakai, everything was about winning. And if you didn't win, then you lost, and that made you a loser. So as he watched the female, he knew that his continued presence would annoy her, and therefore in this battle of wits, she wouldn't have won. That quickly became his top priority. What would annoy her further still was how quickly he became indifferent to the sharpening of her blade and how comfortable he would seem despite her best efforts to irritate him further, and so as he regarded her, his eyes dropped to the blade, watching as the stone ran against the edge of the blade, trying his best to appear unflustered and casual, offering a shrug. "Maybe it's not the sharpening of the blade that annoys me, Princess... Maybe it's you." A quick barb tossed her way, before he snorted once more and turned his back on her, trotting over to the furthest corner of the common room from her as if to keep some distance between the pair. "Besides, it's not like you're even doing that properly. The way you're dragging that rock across the blade, I'll be surprised if you manage to kill anything with that thing once you're done with it." An insult intented to gain a reaction from her. Negative, with any luck.

Table and Siggy by Sammiie; Photo by Diana Pinto@flickr

<style>
.Kai04-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.Kai04 i {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic;}
.Kai04 b {color:#f2f2f2; font-weight:bold;}
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top
center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed;
padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-
size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-
spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px;
font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread