but i assure you my debts are real
[html]

(--)

Ithiel is by me!

The grizzled old woman cooed at the child even before the rust-and-snow colored woman spoke the truth of Kaena's assumption. Ithiel glowered toward the child with distaste. Another cousin to be raised by wolves, he thought, hating Jacinto in that moment for his indiscretion. Ithiel had never even looked at a wolf in that sort of way -- though those sorts of looks were rare enough to begin with, coming from him. The dust-colored hybrid shifted his weight from one foot to the other, wondering if he should be the one to answer the woman -- Io, Ithiel suddenly remembered she was called. Kaena seemed intent on gushing over the child.

My Aquila never doubted the truth of Jacinto's ways. He is a Lykoi, Ithiel interjected, stepping forward. He still kept a respectful distance, but he now needed to speak, apparently, since the old woman's only interest was the dark little figure, the newest blood of the Lykoi dynasty. But Inferni does not scoff at offerings of peace, either. I will bring whatever message you carry to my Aquila. Ithiel was formal and polite, though not entirely friendly: there was an edge to his voice. Kaena turned around and swatted him.

Be nice to the mother of this little one, she reprimanded. I knew Dawali Amara of AniWaya. They're a good people, she said, her tone indicating boastfulness for having known this Dawa... something or other. Turning back to Io, the old woman's single golden eye seemed to glitter with news of the distant outside world. Does he rule there still? the hybrid inquired of the foreigner, interested to hear some tidings of the outside world.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread