Rendezvous then I'm through with you
[html]

of course not! <3 hee, cat and donkey, it's like shrek!
WC: 522

The rain was drumming against the roof of the stables, a rhythm interspersed every now and then with a crack of thunder. Coli would wait out the inclement weather here in relative dryness, though her cloak was heavy with rainwater, dripping quietly on the bench she sat upon. Her footpaws were caked with thick mud, turning her pale cream fur into a rich brown like the rest of her pelt. Too tired to clean herself up just yet, Coli let her eyes wander, looking around this building she had never entered before.

There were many stalls lining the building's walls, but not many horses as far as she could tell. That was a relief, they wouldn't stampede or anything. She heard a few curious whinnies answering the loud braying call, but none of them matched the volume of the long-eared one that was ambling about, exploring. Without the rain distorting it, she could see more clearly that it had thicker, shaggier fur than the horses, hanging off its stocky frame in damp ropes. The mane and tail hair was thinner and shorter in comparison, though the long neck and face looked about the same. It was also male, as she could now clearly see.

The stable door creaked open slightly, admitting a dark figure. Blue eyes watched in mild surprise as Niernan Stormbringer emerged from the rain, a very wet Ciaran dislodging from his familiar perch and scampering off into the barn. She drew the cloak more tightly around her shivering body as he shook himself vigorously, spattering water droplets all over. She had not told Niernan (or her other packmates) yet that she was expecting, but she wondered how long it would take him to figure it out despite the cloak hiding her obvious shape. She was obviously heavier and slower than when they had been at the garden together, and her scent had probably changed, though she couldn't discern it herself. It wasn't going to be her secret much longer. She smiled weakly when he noticed her there, feeling very small and embarrassed.

He immediately offered his hand, a friendly gesture to help her to her feet. She hesitated, then accepted, letting her small fingers be enveloped by his warm grip. He seemed to handle the weather better than her, although his cat companion did not. "You got caught by the storm too?" she asked quietly, rising with great effort from the bench. "Who is Darcy? Is... he's a horse? I, um, I don't know... And that's not my friend," she said sourly, directing a grumpy look at the long-eared horse. He had noticed the newcomer and was trotting back over fearlessly to sniff Nier. "He was grazing at the garden, so I brought him back here. Do you know who he belongs to?" She was cold and wet and tired, and it was that thing's fault; she would have just gone back to her house and napped if she didn't have to lead it all the way across Vinátta. Maybe she could have a cross word with his owner for letting it get loose in the first place.

<style type="text/css">
.coli001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#74b09f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.coli001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; text-align:left;}
.coli001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coli001 {margin:0 auto; width:358px; background-color:#fdfcf6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... oli001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fdfcf6; padding: 170px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#716d76; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread