Rendezvous then I'm through with you
[html]
Ahah, well... That was a lucky Sandshrew, I had bred one but it went to another player quite a while ago. / 530. 5 pts

Nier's ears flicked around and he felt a small smile pulling at his lips as Coli misheard him. He didn't laugh, not wanting to cause the older wolf discomfort over making a mistake, he simply smiled warmly and politely corrected his friend, it really was an easy mistake to make, especially since the quoll pups were foreign and not many in Nova Scotia would have ever heard of them. She keeps a pair of pheasants, Turnip and Jason. They're not all that messy, we try and keep them outside as much as possible. They help her find the ingredients for dyes and things. Well... He paused, chuckling at the memories of Turnip's frantic searching and Jason's rather stupid demeanour, Turnip tries to bring useful things back, Jason's a little more useless. We don't have quails, I don't think I could manage two more birds, we have quolls. He put more of an intonation on the word, trying to work out whether it was his accent that had twisted the word into sounding like quails, They're little cat like critters, well... More like a cat mixed with a weasel. They're cute little things, I reckon you'd like them Coli. They're quite cuddly.

Nier missed the way that Colibri stroked her belly, the bulge hidden under the voluminous cloak, and the way her face contorted into a worried frown at his words on dogs and wolves, too busy moving about the stable to notice. Yet as she spoke up, her mumbled words almost stolen by a clap of thunder that must have come straight from Thor, he looked over at her. He chuckled at her words, the surliness in her voice unmistakeable. He didn't say anything, knowing that speaking up while she thought over his previous words could break her train of thought, possibly letting her come to abandon the idea of keeping the donkey. He was relieved when she looked up and spoke a name. She spoke again, words tentative and shaky, but Nier shook his head, Aniki sounds good to me, sounds kinda like 'donkey.' He was secretly pleased that she was keeping the animal, knowing very well that she could use him for all manner of tasks.

Nier again remained silent as Coli and the little foal interacted, his hairy nose tickling her palm and making her giggle. It seemed that as he sniffed and nuzzled at her he gained confidence, taking small steps towards her. He was almost not touching Niernan at all anymore, only a small part of his rump pressed against the Stormbringer's legs. Her words addressed to Ciaran made the cat stop washing again. He looked up from his long chest fur, grey green eyes gazing out from a slightly bedraggled face. The cat nodded in response to Coli's question, "Yes, Niernan has been teaching me how to speak in your tongue. I've taught him a bit of my language too." He shot a look at his wolf companion, a smile touching on his feline lips, as much as a cat could smile. He was very pleased with his ability to talk, now being almost fluent in the wolf tongue after living with Niernan for so long.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.neiot p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.neiot p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread