Am I cursed?
[html]
WC: 456 | slowww. ;n;

The stablemaster and his subject appeared to be playing, splashing each other with water under the heat of the sun. Then Alder turned and smiled for him, the warmth of the greeting uplifting his sensitive protege. Hati was filled with a rare, giddy lightness that sent his tail waving freely behind him. He jogged the last few paces, eager to close the distance between them and start his chores. It was like night and day, his previous gloom dissipated by the sunny smile; later he would remember it to remind himself that everything was going to be all right. He smiled shyly in return, running a hand self-consciously through his dark mane and hoping he did not look overly foolish. "Sorry I'm late, I... I overslept," he murmured his honest apology, omitting the embarrassing details. Everyone needed to cry from time to time, but it still felt wrong to give in to the urge.

Obediently he accepted the washrag and bucket, taking a moment to absorb the scene before him. The spirited young stallion had mud embedded in his coat, but Alder had already used the brush to loosen the worst of it. Hati hesitantly reached out his hand to pat the horse in greeting, and was rewarded with a toss of the mane and subsequent spatter of cool water across his face. Hati snorted, ears falling back in surprise, before he chuckled in amusement. "You've got nowhere to go, monsieur, might as well enjoy the attention," he crooned, hoping to calm the steed with his tone, as he began rubbing the slick horsehide with the rag. He would use the bucket once the horse settled down. It felt easier to talk to the horses now, interact with them directly and perceive their needs, compared to the days when he would rather watch them from afar. It took a long time, but Hati was gaining his confidence thanks to the steady stable work.

"Alder, have you... heard the news about Ayita, my mother?" he asked softly, not looking up from his diligent efforts. He swallowed, struggling to keep his expression light and neutral. It had been more than a week, but she did not seem any better. It was hard to be patient when she was so obviously suffering. Hati shook his head, trying to focus on the task before him. He came to the stables to forget his troubles, not dwell on them. He owed Alder his undivided attention, so that he could one day stand tall and shoulder an equal share of the tasks and upkeep. So far he had not regretted his choice to train here, but he wondered sometimes if Alder thought he was worth his time... He knew others learned faster.

<style type="text/css">
.hati001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5b7c93; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.hati001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.hati001 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bPhjJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4d4b4d; padding: 265px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#474747; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread