Am I cursed?
[html]
WC: 425 | I still love you. <3! Always take as long as you need~

Alder was a man of few words, and Hati appreciated that about him. Besides, that happy smile said more than any words could, and his heart was still fluttering so quickly! Sometimes Hati worried too much, and perceived judgement where there was none; but most days, it was calming to be around such a steady presence. Alder was his teacher, a role model or even hero, and he did not have to say anything so long as he did not mind his apprentice's obvious adoration. Their routine of chores and lessons gave him so much to look forward to, especially on days like this when he could barely stave off the malaise.

The stablemaster was not privy to the news that overwrought his family, and Hati grew somber as he delivered it. "About a week ago, someone hurt her... it's serious. It will take her such a long time to heal, to walk again..." His voice trailed off into a hoarse whisper, and he could not bring himself to continue with further words. It was beyond him why anyone would be driven to such cruelty. As much as he abhorred violence, the thought of retribution was one that lingered. No wonder his father and brother were searching for the assailant -- they were warriors, and could actually follow through with such plans. Steadily he rubbed with the rag, pale eyes watchful to follow the grain of the fur, taking care to circle every whorl where it changed direction.

"Mother did give me a task, though... she said while she was recovering, I was to ride her mare Asagi. She's not my horse, but for now, she is under my care..." He smiled weakly, glancing to Alder for his reaction. It was a silver lining, something positive to take away from the misfortune. He had been too shy to ask for Asagi's reins during his earliest riding lessons, but now he had full permission and it could mean good things for the aspiring stablehand. He looked away and swallowed, though, feeling guilty for finding an upside to his mother's suffering. He lifted the bucket, slowly overturning it to rinse the grime from the handsome stallion's hide. The horse pranced in place, hooves stamping energetically, but its bath was soon complete. Empty bucket in hand, Hati looked questioningly to Alder, waiting for the next step. Did he mean to dry him with a blanket, or let him into the pasture so the warm sun could do the work? He would do whatever the stablemaster required of him.

<style type="text/css">
.hati001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5b7c93; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.hati001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.hati001 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bPhjJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4d4b4d; padding: 265px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#474747; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Alli!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread