the sun came out last night
[html]

Invariably, when she found herself on or near the territories of packs and clans, she wondered what it was like to belong to a unit like that, and to really believe in the cohesion and camaraderie of the group. It was intrigue from a scholarly distance as she had decided, long ago now, that she had no desire to ever be a part of something greater than herself. She would pledge no allegiance and expect none in return, and this was how she wished all operated. The world would be a simpler place without promises of belonging, or at the very least, it would be a more honest place. But, you mustn't judge, Cassandra, her father said, and obediently, she dismissed the idle frets.

And it was just as well, because she was not left waiting long. A light-colored woman with reddish golden hair appeared from the undergrowth along with blotched, black and white stallion. Cassandra stiffened slightly when she noticed the stranger's very pregnant belly; the sight of it made her uneasy. While far from an expert, she was sure that the woman should not be out and about so late in her term, especially on the borders of her pack, unaccompanied? But she pushed these aside as well. It might well be too eager of her to assume the other woman incapable of defending herself, and in the end, it was not her business.

And so the albino hybrid smiled shyly, swept her ears back, held her left arm at her stomach, and gave the alpha female a low, graceful bow. "Cassandra Asylum," she said, her voice clear with earnest. "I'm in need of some supplies, and was wondering if I might be able to trade for them here." The nameless mare spared the new arrivals a glance and seemed to relax at the presence of company, but otherwise did not appear especially interested. "I do not have much in the way of horse care items, and this poor thing could use something for her saddle sores, if nothing else."

Cassandra straightened and gestured to the bag behind the saddle, though she kept her eyes politely lowered. "I've got a good supply of dyes, if your lady might be interested, along with a variety of jewelry, small boxes, and display items?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread