the sun came out last night
[html]

She ran her hands slowly over the blankets, brushing the fibers in the same direction while noting the weight and texture. Some were of heavy woven cloth, while others were softened pelts. The reins were all leathers, as were the few saddles that sat on the shelf. "All lovely work..." Cassandra murmured as she studied them. "What about these? All traded for as well? Or did your pack make some?"

Thornloe had mostly traded for or salvaged their goods, though there was one old hybrid that stockpiled pelts and occasionally made leather, which his sons would fashion into bags. Cassandra herself had never been much of a craftsman. She could use tools well enough to maintain an item, and had knowledge enough to make minor repairs or small modifications, but in general, she found it easier and preferable to obtain what she needed from others. As such, she did find her understanding of what made some tools superior to others a bit limited, but she was confident enough in her ability to not make the poorest of selections when it came down to it.

After a few moments of study, the pallid woman turned back to Skye a moment before setting her bag on the edge of one of the shelves built into the wall and emptied it of its contents: four small jars of crushed dye materials; an additional two empty jars, various carved, decorative boxes; a half dozen antler points with carved bases; a small, bounded leather book; three or four rings that were too small for most Luperci fingers, and a tangled mess of various necklaces, some delicate and simple, others gaudy and with clear signs of damage or impurities. "Why don't you choose what you're interested in first? I'm sure I can find things I need on this wall more than I need most of these."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread