a judgment day
[html]

Although Skye was angry, she was not without sympathy - Jace could not be called a protector anymore, at least not until she had proven that she could control her temper, but that did not make her any less a member of the pack that they both shared. Not all of Skye's temper dissipated, but it did give way slightly for sympathy as Jace began to sob and tell her what was wrong, why she had done what she did - although it would not undo her decision.

"I know what it's like to lose a pup, Jace," she said lowly. "I know what it's like.. to slowly realize you may never see them again." Sharp memories of the dark time after she had lost Nathaniel rushed back to her, cutting at her. She had failed him. She would not fail another.

"But," she said, her voice becoming more steely, "Honrin and Keldava are also your children. If you believe your pups are going to die.. you need to help them. Not hurt them. Allow Taliesin to see them. Help them - don't hurt them as you did Honrin," she said. She did not doubt Jace, but she was no healer like Taliesin was, and she did not have the resources in her home that Taliesin did in his home and in the garden. Shutting everyone out, scarring her other children, was not helping the pups.

<style>
.sunnygift b {color:#5782A4;}
.sunnygift p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 20px 0px 20px; margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.sunnygift {font-family:verdana; font-size:7.5pt; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:10px 0px 181px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/022V5.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#FFFFFF; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread