Peace of mind
[html]

Poor Eclipse! :C
And Lev is being a stupid liarface but with good intentions. <3

The young woman greeted him warmly enough, and Levent let his smile broaden as if he was absolutely charmed by her invitation. It was not an alarming grin, but a soft one carefully tuned toward those in a fragile state of mind. He’d met enough distraught strangers on the road to know how to appear to them, and while it was definitely manipulation, he believed that using it during sensitive times was good rather than evil.

He hopped onto the porch, settling down beside her and scowling slightly at his bandaged shoulder when it complained about the movement. “I am doing well,” he replied, “although I have been a bit busy. A merchant needs to rove around a bit to find goods to trade, so I’ve been outside the territory more often than not.” The lie came smoothly, because it was made of two truths tied together to imply something that was not the truth. He did range far and wide looking for any trinkets left over from human or luperci settlements, and he had been outside of d’Arte lately, but the reasons were far different.

He shook his head as she apologized. “We’ve all been busy,” he said with a dismissive shrug, but he knew he should have done more on his end to visit his pack mates, too. However, most of them were second to his family, even if that was a bit selfish, and he’d spent more time delving into his own affairs than paying attention to his comrades’. Perhaps it was a good thing; it’d spared him from feeling their pain as much as he would have. He was a coward.

“Good to know we’re friends, though,” Levent added, winking playfully at her. “Had I known you didn’t see me as just ‘that Turkish guy,’ I would have graced you with gifts. Although it’s not too late for that.”

+313

<style type="text/css">
.levcurl-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#4d90de; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.levcurl-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.levcurl-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #4d90de; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.levcurl-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.levcurl-fb {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#000106; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hh3wS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #727e93; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#727e93; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread