Peace of mind
[html]

N'aww.

The man hesitated when she asked about what he’d salvaged. He was wary of any trigger words, not sure how deeply the woman was still grieving for what was no doubt a unfathomably tragic experience. “Mostly toys, some shiny things for trading,” he said, diverting attention away from the first in the list with a grin and a flourish. “I’ve told you before that I was a merchant in Eurasia before I ever came to this continent. The voyage we took to the northern packs really helped me remember why.” Whether or not what he received in return was worth it was up for debate, but he knew he’d at least use the map to search for more goods, and the horse could be trained even if he had to bring her to an expert to break her of her bad habits.

The tawny she-wolf rocked slightly, and he rested his arms on his knees, staring into his hands and pretending not to notice her behavior. It seemed that, despite his best intentions, she was going back into the place he’d hoped to bring her from, at least for a moment. He could be an extremely sensitive individual, but he had too many goddamn problems to help her through hers the way she needed to be helped—but he’d try. His face grew solemn as she choked out a question, ending it abruptly, and he reached over to wrap a cream-fingered hand around hers.

“Both,” Levent said firmly, his washed-out blue eyes darting to her purple-tinged ones. “Both,” he repeated, and shook his head. “I won’t ask you to talk about what you don’t want to talk about, Eclipse. I want to be here for you regardless, but you’re a friend to me and I need to visit my friends no matter what’s going on in our lives.” He smiled gently. “Friends are hard to come by but harder to keep—that I’ve learned from seasons on the road. I was on the trade routes for so long, I never got a chance to sit down with someone and actually connect without being whisked away because of my schedule. I want to actually do that this time.”

<style type="text/css">
.levcurl-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#4d90de; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.levcurl-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.levcurl-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #4d90de; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.levcurl-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.levcurl-fb {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#000106; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hh3wS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #727e93; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#727e93; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread