One love, for the Mother's pride
"I catch you mommy! I catch you!", the white and black boy exclaimed and Gemma laughed all the more and leaped away from him gracefully.. He struggled to halt his forwards charge and switch directions like she had. Gemma looked younger and more carefree in a way that belied all the damage done to her, she even managed to forget about her mutilated face and missing ear. This time Payne was in her way, for once joining in on their games of chase and catch. They were growing so big now, it was hard to believe what she had survived to get to this point. She laughed and taunted her oldest with her nickname which Payne disliked a lot,

"Xhexy!! You can't catch me!", The white, black and brown child growled indignantly at her and pounced, almost missing Gemma's quick feet. They ran around a bit more before Gemma began to tire and she allowed them to catch her. She flopped down on the floor and pretended to be dead while they pulled on her fur. They were careful thought not to pull on her damaged ear or the sparse fur on her left cheek, knowing from experience that it hurt her a lot.

Once they tired too, playtime came to an end and together they walked slowly back to their home near the town hall and the Great Fire. There Light seemingly materialized from nowhere and swiftly stole off with them to get into trouble the likes that she didn't want to know about.

Messages In This Thread