Not like before
Her voice was stern as it echoed towards the nearby houses, an unusual for herself, "What did I say about going near the Great Fire! You could get hurt by it and it is disrespectful to the spirits!" The two children sat shamefaced before her, heads lowered and eyes averted. They had ignored her rule of staying away from the Great Fire and her caution that they would become hurt. As it was, Nate-River had only singed his whiskers and nothing more serious, Payne had not gone as close as her brother but still far closer than Gemma had dictated to them. Nate-River looked up at her with solemn eyes and pronounced regretfully, "A-ya uyo ayelvdi, Unitsi." I am sorry, Mother.

Payne two expressed her regret to Gemma in AniWayan as they knew their progress in learning it would please her and maybe make her a little less mad. Her expression softened as she looked at them and she sat down on the floor near them, the fire roaring behind her a short way away. They came to her and curled up between her outstretched legs. Switching into AniWayan she continued to talk,

"You know I don't do this to be mean. I don't want you to be hurt." Although they didn't understand all of the words just yet they got the general grasp of it.

Messages In This Thread