I am of the Great Spirit
326. Smelly long post.
[html]
[/html]Claudius grinned when she admitted her fault, glad that she was able to do that. Unlike Saqui, Claudius was not one to readily admit such things, as he'd demonstrated when he and Ulilohi had visited Io. Though his opinion of her had changed considerably, he still recognized that her manner of speech that day had made him quite uncomfortable. This felt different, though: it was more recognizing something you could change than admitting to slacking in your duties. Claudius thought he could do something like this, too.

When she mentioned her father, Claudius immediately recalled the stern white wolf. He hadn't ever spoken with him closely, but he remembered Nayati from when they had both been members of the same tribe. Claudius was glad that Nayati had found peace in the Great Tribe, but Claudius didn't think he could ever live there; not after what Maska had done. The Great Tribe was complicit in his actions simply by sending him in the first place. They should have known. Of all who had been harmed by Maska, Claudius thought that Nayati was the last one who would want to live there. Perhaps Nayati really was just that patient.

Claudius grinned widely when Saqui agreed to help him. Great! He was so glad that he had found someone who knew how to weave baskets. He was certain that Simcha would come up with nothing and he would be victorious! Not that it was a competition of course (except it totally was and he was definitely going to win).

"Guh-great! And nuh, no I duh-don't ha-ave any... I ha-a-ve tuh-to yuh-use... honey... suckle... I thuh-think? Or buh-buh-buckbrush?" He frowned as he considered this, since he wasn't too sure which was required. "Suh-sorry, I-I'm nuh-new tuh-to this." He held his hands out in an imploring gesture, hoping that she would not fault him with his lack of research. Honestly, he wasn’t too sure what honeysuckle or bushbruck looked like anyhow.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread