Change on the Wind
[html]

Because I feel i gotta answer, plus to give people more to answer to c:

He heard the mutters of dissent, but it was not an angry mutter. He almost laid back his ears, as though he were afraid of what this mass of people was going to do and say about him. But Silvano kept himself straight backed and looking as dominant as he knew how. All their qualms about him were reasonable, he knew. He had been there a scant few months, and he had hardly knew every single one of them, even if a few stood out from the crowd at him. Those familiar faces, though, were all looking confused up at him. They clearly didn't know what had happened and he doubted that most of them had even been around the Dauphin to know why he had been disposed of. And all of them questioned him, as a leader, as a man. He would have to prove himself to them all in time, and he hoped to start soon. Vigilante was going to be distracted with his mate injured, and Silvano would have to risk spending less time with his sons and mate. But it was for all of them; the good of everyone.

Amaranth spoke up for him, and the man gave a brief smile of gratitude and relief to know that someone supported him, even a little bit. She had helped to deliver Eugene and Pascal, so he was happy she was willing to support him. But before he could think of a properly eloquent response to Skoll, someone else spoke. It was a male on four feet that he had never met, but he had not heard that anyone had joined recently. Silvano furrowed his brows at him, not knowing his name. It was a little surprising to hear it asked, since he had figured it was well known enough why the former Dauphin would have been demoted so dramatically. Perhaps it was not so; the Court was seemingly spread out and the grapevine seemed slow. To those who did not know him or did not know what the Dauphin had been doing lately, clearly affected by grief at the loss of someone close to him, this must have seemed like a power grab. But it wasn't. At his core, Silvano was not power hungry.

Silvano shook his head at the question, frowning sadly at Trent. "Wrong? Not by this Court's culture, no. But he did us all wrong regardless. He was your - our - Dauphin and he chose to drink himself into a stupor, and ignore our needs and our problems." There were not many problems, but Silvano saw room for improvement everywhere. His eye was cast at the stable and track, which he was sure they could improve upon. "I came here from Crimson Dreams, where we were a family that looked out for one another. Our Dauphin had not looked out for anyone in a long time. I want to look out for everyone's needs, and I wish that he had not forgotten what his rank detailed. Yet he did and he had to stand down for everyone's behalf. But he has suffered enough," he said with a finality. He would not discuss the Dauphin anymore, and he did not want to offer up more embarrassment for him. It was good he, too, was not here to see his humiliation unfold. The gist of what had happened to him had filtered through the grapevine to him, and he could see why it had happened, but it meant no less distaste about it.

Silvano took the few steps to the edge of the stage and descended among the ranks, slowly walking up the middle aisle as he gazed at everyone. "I saw what happened during the war. I fought for our homes. I saw the suffering caused and promise that I will do my best to keep us safe, all of us. I see what the war did; it made us all extra wary of everyone. We should be proud of who we are! Packs nearby have blossomed and dissolved while we still stood, shaky as our foundations may have been!" His voice grew more empassioned as he turned back to stride down to the stage, speaking as he did so,"You want to know what I'll do?" He turned and faced them all, emboldened by himself. "I will work to help our Court, and bring us improvements. For now, I have my sight set on the stables and pastures. But I have not seen all nor will I pretend I'll be able to. If you have ideas to pitch, requests to make, potential things we can do to improve us, I will always be available to talk to. If you don't know, I live at the Hotel and should often be there." He finally stopped carefully taking in breath after so many words. He gazed at everyone with emerald eyes, waiting for more questions. Anything.

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread