Change on the Wind
[html]
This sucks, I have a headache and was trying to write it quickly /+540

Skoll was skeptical about the newcomer’s rise to power, but he still had respect for the Sadira despite that. He seemed mature and kind enough, a good and fit soldier. Whether he knew the Court well enough to help it, and whether he actually had ideas to contribute, was yet to be seen—but the blond boy had some faith and understanding. He was still spooked by the sudden shift, but his loud challenge held no malice in it—only a somber demand for answers.

His half-sister spoke up in Silvano’s defense, but Skoll only frowned, not quite convinced. What was wrong with the pack, truly? They did need better protection, but that was a recent development, and one he hoped Silvano could provide the answer to. He watched, ears tilted back and lips twisted into a frown, as Amaranth pledged allegiance to the new Constable.

Silvano then did go on to address the questions—both Skoll’s and, first of all, Trent’s innocent query about what Strelein had done wrong. When he went on to describe the improvements he happened to make for the Kingdom, beginning with the horses, Skoll drew himself up a little more and nodded in understanding. It might not solve all their problems, but it was progress; it was something. And perhaps he would take others’ suggestions, such as the Haskel’s concerns about the attacks on their pack mates.

Suddenly, however, the meeting exploded into chaos. A patched, doggish luperci began to snarl and shout at Silvano, his voice venomous and fouled with language. The sheer hatred and audacity of having such an outburst at a public meeting shocked Skoll, who immediately whirled around and took a few bristling steps in his direction.

“Watch how you address your pack mate,” Skoll snarled, his ears snapping back and his lips wrinkling in an ugly growl. “Everyone here has the right to doubt and disagree—but you’re making a complete fool of yourself, barking like that in front of pups.” Emboldened by his rage, he drew himself up the last couple of inches he had on the tricolor male, his hands balling into fists. He was higher ranking than this ass, who he’d never seen do anything for the Court, and the son of the King as well. “Learn to watch your tongue, or someone will rip it out for you.”

He heard Terra speak—if not quite in defense with the mutt, at least agreeing with the last sentiment. “My father is with my mother!” Skoll howled at her, forgetting the bond of friendship in the heat of the moment. “He’s taking care of her. She was attacked, like Niro was attacked, and I’ve never seen any of you lift a claw to do something about it!” He was on the border of hysterics, his voice high and his green eyes flaming. “Maybe Silvano can do something about it—maybe not. He’ll either prove himself and make the Court safer and smoother, or he’ll fall, and we’ll have the right then to doubt him. Until then, we might as well help—because it’s our responsibility as much as it’s his!” He stood growling, daring anyone to challenge him, fully ready to erupt in to a fullbody fight.

<style type="text/css">
.skskl b {font-weight:bold; color:#702b19; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #b79031; }
.skskl p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.skskl {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#905c2c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HS0ne.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cba060; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread