in a safe place.
[html]

ooc.
I apologize for how clumsy the writing is. I think I fell asleep like, three times while typing it up.

ic.

He would have to be very ignorant indeed to expect the greeter to leave Dahmer's answer where it remained. Who wouldn't want more details? It wasn't as though the two were meeting each other in passing – trading words and pleasantries for a few moments before moving on with their lives. He was requesting to become a member of the wolf's pack and family. Of course it was necessary for him to pass along more information. Each description would act like a spade, allowing the wolf to delve deeper into his past. A new pack and home may be his potential future – but the past clung to him carefully, along for the ride. Emotional baggage always needed to be checked in. He couldn't leave it unattended. It was stuck with him for good. But how much was it appropriate for him to divulge? Did he need to offer up every detail he could remember? Or was a brief summary acceptable? Perhaps the cliff notes were the best option for now. If Hadley required more information, there would be no one stopping him from seeking it. Honesty was the best policy.

He paused for a moment, remaining silent and perfectly still while he contemplated how to begin. The male rearranged the words in his head, struggling to place them in proper order before he offered them up to the wolf before him. First things first, though: My name is Thaddeus Dahmer. I go by Dahmer, though. I came from the West, a several weeks journey. He paused here and bowed his head in greeting. The male kept his voice soft and respectful, working hard to keep the doubt from his tone. He wasn't entirely sure why the wolf before him was so uneasy. He knew he cut an imposing figure – and he could certainly be menacing when he wanted. But his posture currently suggested anything but danger. He was the poster child for submission. So why was this male so agitated by him? Did all potential joiner interviews work this way? He couldn't be certain. While Dahmer patrolled the borders back home, wolves were never accepted into his part of the pack. They were born into it, chosen at a young age. If any wolf wanted to live in the valley, they were redirected to the main pack – where new memberships were welcome.

In any case, Dahmer figured that the truth was his best option in this situation. He wanted to escape from his past, yes – but he certainly didn't want to deny it all. No, it wasn't a secret. The land I come from has been plagued with war for many, many years. I was born into a special sect of our pack – assassins. It was our job to infiltrate enemy territory and to bring down the enemy from within. Swiftly, carefully and silently. We were a chosen few and we were very good at our jobs. He shook his head here, eyes mournful. I spent my entire life following this path; unaware there were other options. Now I am. I've grown tired of the fighting and all I seek is sanctuary. A break from the violence. I have family who used to live here, long ago and I hope to find whatever it is that kept him here.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread