Abandoned! [AW]
[html]

The girl's sleepy words were reassuring to the boy. She'd calmed down, now. She'd be okay. He was sure. She kept calling him Satan, but now she added his name in first, as if Satan were his last name and not Trovato. Cute, if a bit creepy. We'll do all that, Sura. We'll explore and ride horses and everything. I promise. He purred to her as they came to his front door. She started to snore softly, but woke with a start not a few breaths in.

He chuckled softly as he opened the door to his house, her voice filling his ears with excited babble once more. They entered the house even as she spoke, leaving the terrible scene of what had been her abandonment behind. I should have something around here for you to eat. It won't be anything fresh, but it'll be food. He smiled, sliding inside and shutting the door behind them. The warm embrace of his house was comforting. He moved over to the chest on the far wall and opened it, revealing many things. One particular bag smelled delicious, of spices and dried meat.

He pulled it out and opened it up, leaving it on the ground for her. I'm glad you're my sister, Sura. He murmured, setting her down finally. Now eat up. We've got a long day ahead of us tomorrow. Plenty of adventure and stuff to do, so you'll need all the food you can eat and all the rest you can sleep, alright? He'd let her eat her fill, munching on some of the jerky himself before filing her into his room with him- later, he'd clean out the spare room beside his and give it to her, but for now she could sleep beside him in his bed.

That night, the new brother and sister set slept on peacefully, bellies full and minds at ease with the sense of family. He slept in his lupus form for her, curled around her smaller frame to keep her safe and sound through the cool night's darkness. Come morning, they'd be facing a whole new lifestyle- but for now, they could rest and dream and relax. Nothing could prepare Ink for the challange ahead, of raising a wild puppy all by himself. He had no idea of the troubles that waited for him, just around the hour...

Word Count → 398

End.

<style>
.inkmayhem {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RSbeZ.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#464c41; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; color:#1c1e1a; text-align:justify; font-family:'Sylfaen', times, serif;font-size:14px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #1c1e1a;}
.inkmayhem b {color:#99a68e; font-weight:normal;}
.inkmayhem b:before { content: open-quote; }
.inkmayhem b:after { content: close-quote; }
.inkmayhem p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.inkmayhem p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; border-top:1px dotted #99a68e; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.inkmayhem .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread