what looks so strong, so delicate
[html]

Ooh that song is pretty! <3~
WC: 517

lost into the weight of gravity

The door swung open, illuminating Ezra Rosen towering over her. Coli's eyes fluttered, taking in his size; she had seen his two-legged form before, but not from up close, being more accustomed to seeing the husky hybrid on all fours. Had he always had that scar across his eye? Her anxious gaze dropped when she heard the excited bark -- Eli was cheerfully waving his tail, excited to see her. There was soil in his fur, a familiar scent to the gardener. She waved to the youth, a flicker of warm recognition crossing her countenance. She still could not find her voice, though.

Coli stepped gingerly through the door as she was beckoned, self-consciously pulling it shut behind her. She didn't venture to this part of Jordheim often, and wasn't sure who Ezra's neighbors were, if he had any. She liked that her house was rather isolated from the rest of the village; it remained quiet and she had not had any surprise visitors. Of course, that was what she was perpetrating right now, interrupting their father-son time for her own selfish reasons. Guilt tugged in her chest, which she struggled to ignore. The Rosens had invited her in, after all, her melancholy presence couldn't be that much of a burden.

She undid the cloak strings, pulling the garment from her shoulders and folding it neatly over her arm. She felt very bare, exposing the unwanted curves of her pregnant body in plain sight, but Ezra had already seen what he needed to -- the recognition and shock had been obvious in his mismatched irises. She didn't have to hide from him anymore, even if she desperately wanted to. Did he realize yet where they came from, whose pups they were? He would figure it out soon enough. "Hey, Ezra," she said weakly, trying to smile at his fumbled greeting. "I... I hope I'm not intruding... I, uh, brought a gift," she faltered, holding the bottle of wine out for his inspection. She had found the cache of old bottles at the vineyard, and knew Saul had been giving them as gifts to the newer members of their pack. She hoped the Virding wouldn't mind that she reallocated one -- it might make the conversation easier.

A furry warmth pressed against her legs, and Coli blinked in surprise; Eli was a very friendly little fellow, wasn't he! "Did you have fun today, Eli?" she asked gently, nodding towards the dirt accumulated in his russet-marked pelt. Most days she wore the same badge -- soil on her knees, smudged on her nose and fingers, and so forth. Lately it was getting harder to kneel and rise so many times during the day, so she was forced to cut back her routine. The youth seemed so happy and vibrant -- he was always so animated whenever she saw him. Ezra was a good father, shielding the boy from tragedy and hardship. She wondered if she would be able to do the same, to set aside her own issues for the sake of children's innocence. It seemed an insurmountable task.

Table by Sace!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread