pull this plug, let me breathe
[html]

Delirious Levent mutters in Turkish yaaayyy.

He had triumphed over evil, over the impulse to give up his family and save himself. Suppressing the temptation had taken all the strength out of him, had taken away everything he could have used to protect himself. He was weak—and weaker still after his long walk and the drainage of blood and life from his body. He thought that, at least, he could die knowing that his blood lived on, not on the street where it pooled now, but in the house of the blind woman. He tried to smile, to let that be the last thing he did, but he heard the frantic cries ahead and let his head dip lower, hunched over the ground.

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un, Levent thought. Surely we belong to God and to Him shall we return.

A sweet scent overwhelmed him, calmed him, and he buried his face against soft fur as his head was cradled. He heard the voice calling to him, and his ears twitched in his dark hair, straining forward and hearing a heartbeat. He matched it to his own, finding his ponderously slow, or maybe this other one was just really fast; there was another fast one off to the side. He grasped at consciousness that he may know what the heartbeats meant.

“I don’t know what—he’s—he’s got a shoulder wound, th-the right one,” came an accented voice, still twisted with desperation. “I don’t—it’s the only one, I think, but it looks like a deep wound, and there’s a lot of blood; it has to be blood loss, making him like this.” The cat growled, then his footsteps skittered away. “Keep talking to him, I know where he keeps bandages.”

The wolf’s eyes squeezed more tightly shut, and he tried to remember if he’d left the window open for Wilson to even climb into. More rational thought soon followed, and he pressed closer against the woman’s heartbeat. “Oh, Hotaru, ben batırdım,” he murmured. “Üzgünüm.”

+332

<style type="text/css">
.levtaru-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#363f78; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.levtaru-fb t {color:#363f78; letter-spacing:-.5px; font-style:italic;}
.levtaru-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center; margin:0px 35px;}
.levtaru-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #363f78; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.levtaru-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.levtaru-fb {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#866f8e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ks9qC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #453949; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#453949; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread