pull this plug, let me breathe
[html]

I'm terrible. ;_;

The man was thankful for his smaller size; the woman was able to support him without much difficulty as they slowly made their way to the house, Levent stumbling and clinging to her, feeling her gather all of his weight at times. He felt like a burden, but he knew she wouldn’t have let him walk on his own—and he knew he couldn’t anyway, there was no sense in lying to himself. He relaxed only when he realized that Hotaru was able to find her way easily back to the house, his own vision swimming with every other step, though Wilson was there to guide them if needed; the leggy little cat trotted anxiously at their ankles.

Levent whimpered at the sound of his children’s cries, and he wanted to break down and sob with relief. He’d done this for them, bled for them; the empty words of some demon woman didn’t change that. He’d keep the secret again and again even if the woman tortured him out of it. He wasn’t a coward, he wasn’t, and the proof lay in their keening voices as they remained ignorant of their father’s condition. He felt pride, then, a happy blast of emotion after the desperation that had locked in him like the Amy’s claws.

Settling down on the bed, the brown-furred male shivered and lay down on his good side. He reached up with a hand to weakly caress the side of the woman’s face as she leaned in to nuzzle him, and he bided his time after her question, just memorizing the patterns on her muzzle and cheeks. He had a feeling that a muttered “nothing” wouldn’t do it for her, but it took him a long time to gather the courage and strength to actually answer.

“There’s a woman,” Levent whispered, and immediately decided this was the wrong thing to preface an explanation with. He clenched his other fist, though the touch on her face remained ever so gentle. “Another merchant,” he amended quietly. “She thought—she thought that I was indebted to her. She tried to get something from me. I refused to answer her questions. She didn’t like that.”

He could hear Wilson growling, heard the puncturing of fabric as the tomcat unsheathed his claws into the bed sheet. He didn’t look at him, though, keeping his washed-out blue eyes on Hotaru’s face, searching for a reaction after his string of choppy sentences.

“I don’t think she’ll bother me anymore,” Levent added after a moment. “If she does…” He swallowed. “If she does, I’ll kill her. I want to protect my family and I don’t give a fuck if she hurts me again.” His voice turned to steel, and his thumb brushed delicately over one of her ears.

<style type="text/css">
.levtaru-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#363f78; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.levtaru-fb t {color:#363f78; letter-spacing:-.5px; font-style:italic;}
.levtaru-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center; margin:0px 35px;}
.levtaru-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #363f78; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.levtaru-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.levtaru-fb {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#866f8e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ks9qC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #453949; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#453949; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread