Medical Concerns
[html]
The Witch Doctor

Word Count → 490 :: lol like a kid showing off a macaroni picture to her dad or something. Jeeze. XD

When they came to the hut, she stopped, panting lightly. He questioned her, his voice not quiet displaying any emotion yet. She nodded. "'ve been working on it for quite a few weeks, now. Almost since her arrival. Almost. I used to live in one as a kid, when my sister Dusk and I were in Ontario, before moving down to Saint John in New Brunswick. She explained, walking up to the ramp that led to the main platform. It's sturdy, but a work in progress. Won't be ready for any real pressure for a little while yet, but it's usable now. She turned to face him on the first level, leaning over the balcony's railing.

I know you don't like human stuff, but hear me out before you get upset, okay? She nodded for him to join her on the deck if he wanted to, though she doubted he'd want to. New Dawn's got, what, a few dens? A hole in the ground is no place for an injured or sick wolf to recover and get treatment. It's not sterile or clean enough and can lead to infection and even more sickness- in some cases, a sickness that could spread through the entire pack overnight. I've seen it before, on my travels. The only cure for something like that is a clean place to rest and good, well-preserved medical equipment that's clean and sterilized.

She turned to look up at the building above her, pride in her eyes. This here is the answer to that problem! A medical hut. Located off the ground, to avoid flood and terrain damage. It's hidden, so our injured and sickly won't be targetted by possible threats, and it's close enough to the den that no one needs to worry about being too far away to help if something comes up. She'd thought it all out. Blue eyes returned to the alpha, shimmering with a child-like excitement. It's equipped with medical supplies, emergency rations, soft pelts and blankets and four areas of entry- all but one are hidden from the outside. It's a safe, secure, clean place for our injured and sick to recover in, so the rest of the pack doesn't suffer for them. What she meant, of course, by that last part was, the sick wouldn't pass on their ailments to the other members of the pack. New Dawn wouldn't have to worry about such things anymore.

So uh... I know it's not natural for a wolf to build a tree house, but... I hope you approve. Sorry for not getting your permission first- I just... I wanted to surprise you without building any expectations that I might not have been able to meet. I wanted it to be bigger, actually... but I was building it alone, so.... Now she was nervous. She looked between Zalen and the hut, worry lining her eyes just slightly. What would he say?

<style type="text/css">
.bobcat1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#051200 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.bobcat1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.bobcat1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#603819; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.bobcat1 {margin:0px auto; width: 450px; background-color:#a08f7d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/r7cPj.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#41240f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
.bobcat1 .name {color:#603819; font-size:50px; font-family: 'IM Fell English SC'; text-align:left; text-indent:5px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 b:before {
content: open-quote; }
.bobcat1 b:after {
content: close-quote; }
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread