Medical Concerns
[html]
The Witch Doctor

Word Count → 351 :: The Moon Pendant and The Hemp Chain.

His praise melted away her worries completely. He rested a hand on her shoulder and assured her that he did not believe her project to relate to humans past the basic idea. She felt a smile crawl up onto her face and her tail start to wave. Thank you, Zalen. She placed a hand on his for a moment. I just want what's best for the pack. I messed up in d'Arte. I won't make those mistakes here.

She turned away from him after a short pause. Her legs carried her over to a cabinet on the wall and she opened it, reaching in and pulling out a box. ...These are a few of the things I managed to bring with me from my old clinic. Little things I could have Fella fetch for me. Inside were many things. Little trinkets, framed paintings- little keepsakes.

She pulled out a pendant on a thick braided hemp 'chain' and held it up for him to see. On it, a silver moon. It was my mother's. She gave it to me when I was a puppy. I stopped wearing it after I shifted, because my sister always hated it. Kept it with me, though. She spoke fondly of it, then smiled. She got it from her mother, and so on.

I want you to have it. She looked up at him now, cool blue eyes steady and clear. You've proven to be a good leader, Zalen. You keep your pack secure and strong. I'm proud and grateful to be a part of it. She smiled then, the expression soft and kind. I just want you to remember- the burden of an alpha can be great, especially in times of chaos and suffering. Every family faces problems and tagedy- it's the trust and faith in a leader that pulls us through in the end. It's a lot of pressure. I just hope you'll remember that, in spite of all the hardships, you're what keeps us going. Thank you, Zalen. She held the necklace out to him, hoping he'd accept her thank-you gift.

<style type="text/css">
.bobcat1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#051200 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.bobcat1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.bobcat1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#603819; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.bobcat1 {margin:0px auto; width: 450px; background-color:#a08f7d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/r7cPj.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#41240f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
.bobcat1 .name {color:#603819; font-size:50px; font-family: 'IM Fell English SC'; text-align:left; text-indent:5px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.bobcat1 b:before {
content: open-quote; }
.bobcat1 b:after {
content: close-quote; }
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread