Where Is He?
He mentioned that Noah and Deuce had told him about the pups, and she vaguely nodded. Ayasha had forgotten briefly that the two of them had come to see Liam and the pups. D'ryn stared at his grandfather, and Ayasha nudged her son gently. "Say hello to your grandfather, D'ryn." But while he was doing whatever he did, she gently opened the letter that was attached to her horse.

Dearest Ayasha-
It's strange here. I look at the sky, and now I'm seeing the same sky as you do, and yet I still feel so very distant. I wonder often about you, about Bridget and D'ryn. If you are safe, if you are healthy. Because really, I would have no way of knowing. I never thought it would be this hard to be separated. I never expected to feel so deeply for anyone, really. I miss you so much, at night I'm cold because you aren't here to warm me.

I met someone. Not like you're expecting to hear, though. Taliesin always told me that my mother was dead. I met a woman, Kira Rheams. My mother. She was as strange woman, and yet she understood me better than I did myself. I'm not sure how I feel about her. I just want to find Azza and get this over with. I didn't think to ask her about him. Perhaps I should.

I miss you more and more, Kiddo, and yet I dread the day I come home too. I've done bad things... the further away from you and the kids I am, the safer you are. But your love, it draws me like a moth to flame. I'll come home because of my love for you, even knowing that returning to Anathema will be my destruction. I love you and I miss you so much. Give the pups my love.
All my heart
Loverboy

She wasn't aware that she was reading it out loud, but she was. Yet she jolted up when her father-in-law mentioned that it was better if Liam never came back. She gave Tal a slightly sharp look. "Why?" She was feeling very protective of her mate. Her attention was drawn back to what he wrote and she could tell that he was shaking. She whispered, "I love you, loverboy." She then gave her letter a kiss and turned her attention to Ahuli.

She stroked his mane some as she regarded Liam's father. She could understand, or at least she thought she could, why he was so upset with his son. "I'm sorry you couldn’t meet Bridget. I named her after Liam's sister. She looks a lot like me." D'ryn came over to her and she gave him a gentle motherly smile.

Messages In This Thread