[m] [p] our guilt, our blame, our blood, our fault
[html]

Myrika is by me!

Maybe not, she agreed, albeit without conviction. She turned and put her muzzle to her sister's arm, the side of her muzzle resting above the bandage, hovering without contact. The faintly sweet smell of the paste and the clean smell of the bandages drowned out most other scents. Perhaps it was better she did not know, but she still mourned this loss of trust, for she did not immediately understand the protective nature of the gesture.

She could not, however, be convinced there was nothing more to be done. She could not redo what had been done or left undone, but the present and the future were a different thing entirely. The redhead lifted her nose, pointing it back toward the windows a moment. She resolved to attempt a different tactic. Eira was captured after the storm, she said, voice distant and slow with memory. Farmers, I guess. One told me they'd done a lot of work and effort in catching and keeping her, so it was only right I stayed and helped. So I did.

There was a pause as she considered her departure, how best to phrase it. One of them -- I guess, he -- you know, she said, ears flattening with shame. She couldn't say "wanted her" and certainly not "desired her." There was no way to put it that did not make Myri want to sink into the ground. I didn't, though. I liked his sister. I didn't really understand how much until I'd already left.

She would not have even said that much were it not for just who was seated beside her -- only that it was about the best she had to offer in the way of kindred tales, and even then she did not know just how radically divergent their tales were. The worst part of her tale was not when the brother had cornered her; it was the sister's refusal to accompany her, and that look.

Stupid, she muttered, shrugging only the shoulder further away from Cassie. She was not entirely sure whether she referred to her own past actions and thoughts or the idea that she might share this tale in comparative offering of her own hurts and think it the equal of physical scarring.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread