[m] [p] our guilt, our blame, our blood, our fault
[html]

Myrika is by me!

No, I told her, she said, shifting her weight awkwardly -- though still carefully, as not to jostle the injured shoulder. Even despite the squirming sort of feeling she had in her chest, the acute pressuring and clutching sensation of discomfort, she pressed on. And he didn't hurt me. He... cornered me, she started. He had my hands. She had wanted to bite him and make him let go, but the fear that he might bite back or worse had stilled her jaws. But the brother -- she could not even remember his full name, other than that it had started with "Lami" and so he was called most frequently -- was not even the worst part of her experience; he was an added detail, the spark for her departure.

He was standing there, just looking at me for the longest. A few minutes, it felt like. And then Tyveni -- the sister, Myri clarified. She came in and yelled, and he stopped. I told her I liked her and wanted to leave with her, but she -- looked at me funny. Her ears dipped and her head bent with the memory of it. Disgust, hate maybe? She hadn't been able to bear looking at it long enough to tell, though the murky few seconds she remembered that face were probably seared permanently into her head. Thinking of it now, for the first time since perhaps before the first of the Boreas attacks, Myri realized again how much that look had bothered her. She said something... I don't remember. It was no, though. So I left. She'd left running and whimpering, and guilty even then for failing to extract Tyveni from that environment. For the most part, that had left her -- if her friend had wanted too leave, she would have by now, Myrika or not.

She did feel small and stupidly childish, contending with half-wit brothers and unrequited love, while her sister fought off bandits and thieves, her father ate his horse from under himself, and -- well, no one even knew what had happened to Rachias.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread