it doesn't amaze me that we're livin' out of phase
[html]

Awww yeah.

art by crypsis

For his simple mind, Anatole was not one to mistake things like expression and sentiment. He recognized these and longed for them within himself, but the frozen north and the deeds done in those white days had frozen out the heart of him. Whatever he was now could not behave as others did and certainly sought it not. Yet, still, he was different than those wild ones whose borders he had skirted many moons ago. Discipline could not come even yet, though he had thrown his weight against the yoke and given AniWaya what it demanded. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thus, this observant nature could therefore recognize the subtle shift in the boy. He could see the shadow-spirit cross it (and he noted, suddenly, that he had applied a tribal ghost to this thing) but he did not recognize why. Emotion was not beyond him, but it was a baser thing, and in this simple nature, far different than his comrades.

Still, he smiled in the wolfish way, teeth and tongue showing, and shook his neck as if he was a horse. “The kids in my Tribe know better than to go pick fights with something bigger than them.” With that he rocked back onto his haunches, settling easily into the soft grass near the shore. He remarked again on how large the boy had grown and wondered at the passage of time—had he ever been so small? “I keep busy; I have many jobs, with my rank. What about you? Old enough for one yourself now?”

<style>
#anatole-fullbody {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#anatole-fullbody p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#anatole-fullbody p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#anatole-fullbody .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#anatole-fullbody .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#anatole-fullbody b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#anatole-fullbody u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#anatole-fullbody b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread