Post Lengths
I'm actually really glad someone asked this, cause I always feel terrible when I write to much or too little, cuase I'm never sure what the other person prefers. So I think this is a great and helpful thread, thank you Aly <3

The one thing about me is, I like to cover almost everything the other person does from Itzal's perspective. So I take the other person's post and kind of show how the every thing is happening with Itzal. And then I like to throw in a little something to get things moving that way it isn't just standing still with the two characters different perspectives on the same thing. So my post do tend to get longer as they go. And it also depends on my character. Like Itzal I tend to write bigger post with because he is the kind of person who always has some kind of emotional conflict because of Eztli. So he is constantly fighting with himself or rambling on in his head, which I show a lot of. So I tend to lean more towards longer post, up in the 600 to 700 range. But sometimes, if I think I can get it to be short and sweet and still cover a lot I'll drop it to the 300 range. I almost NEVER post under 300, unless it is a very slow part of the thread, like the first post or the second. Once things pick up and the two characters meet and start talking, I have to try and limit myself from destroying people with my giant walls of text. I always tell people they don't have to match me because I have a tendency to oveflow at the mouth when I type, like right now. SO my replies go from about 300 to 700+ words depending on the situation. YOu can almost always expet some inner rambling from Itzal though, so I often tell people to skip certain paragraphs.

Okay so for me, getting a reply, I don't really care as long as it usually has something I can go off of. I prefer at least a tiny bit over 200 or 250. Just because I feel that that is a good number to get in at least however much you need for the otherp lay to go off of it. Of course I love longer post and they don't intimidate me at all. I will sit there and read a long post and be all like 8D cause now I can post a somewhat long one back. Though if I get a couple of really long ones in a row, I start cutting out stuff I don't think I really need to add onto and might skip down to a later part to include in my reply, so I can try and get the thread moving fast again, since a lot of long post tend to slow it down. So really I don't care what I get in a reply, as long as it has something I can work with and use to move the thread forward. I prefer longer post but in moderation, for the thread's sake. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread