Open the Gate For Me
[html]

Word Count: 375 -- Mine is even lamer ;u; I'm just sitting around waiting for class to start, HRRNGH

Bloodshot gaze was fueled by a primal desire to feed. The malnourished looking beast lurked through the swamp, not quite bothered by the belching and squishing of the mud under foot as he traipsed along, body slouched as sinewy tendons adjusted to each squish of the moist earth below. That lone hark swiveled slightly as he heard some warble of sound, and the half-dead vulture of a man strode closer to its source.

He didn't seem phased to see some strange woman adorned with beads, feathers, quills, bones and dreads, however, one thing did catch that dusty-hued gaze of his; the birds she held under her arm seemed enticing. Bastion lacked any energy required to take down the voodoo woman who plucked them from the earth's grasp, no, even though she seemed to be a much better prize. The feathered corpses would have to suffice. Thus, he followed this stranger and her collection of carrion, up until she vanished into a shack she had clearly decided to set up shop.

Distorted mind couldn't make sense of the situation, living in some building when one had the tendrils of tree branches to rest in. A swamp was a hunter's playground, a scavenger's haven, and a liar's retreat. There was so much more to explore, and yet, she lingered in this worn-down building. To what ends?

The beast sat there, a shark's grin tugging from ear to ear, seeing as how he had a lack for a better response. He carefully moved closer to the house, pausing to give the door a tug, some of his busted claws scraped the door. Sure, it was rude to enter someone's household without permission, but Bastion had never been scolded for doing such, never had his will been opposed, and to be frank, it was rare that anyone had ever been home during a previous breaking-and-entering before. Due to this belief, the beast simply assumed the woman had vanished, leaving her bounty within the house, ripe for the plucking. Bastion had no reason to believe she was there, his mind incapable to grasp onto things that he could not see, things he could not touch; to put it simply, once they vanished from his senses, they obviously ceased to exist.

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread