Open the Gate For Me
[html]

Sabine Perrin du Lac
I got dust from a rattlesnake, I got a black spider bone.
If that don't do it, baby, you'd better leave it all alone.

Again with her chanting, she tossed the birds onto a small table made crudely of old pieces of wood balancing atop a dirty crate. It wasn't lovely, but it worked, and anything being particularly aesthetically pleasing was the least of the voodoo woman's concern; she didn't care, as long as she could do her work, and do so peacefully.

Immediately she plucked the birds of the remaining feathers, keeping those in nice shape, and grimacing at the others less useable. After she was through, she hastily took a small rod with a spoon-like end and fished the eyeballs out, tugging them free if they got to be a challenge with the tool, and placed them into a jar of other creature's eyes, of many shapes, sizes, and species.

Next was gutting the flying rats and saving what she deemed useful. A row of jars rested on a crooked shelf above her, each with their own specific use. After quickly dismembering and organizing the organs and such needed, Sabine grabbed up the filthy remains and turned to her right.

A smile was brought to her otherwise stoic face, and even that expression of mirth was creepier than most. Her dear pet, a large bearded vulture she'd named Kalenkro, was beating his wings, excited to have a meal freshly prepared for him. The voodoo woman cooed at her bird, leaning in to stroke his beak gently, easing the bird carcass to him. He quickly took his food from her hand, and indulged himself.

This process was repeated quickly, by expert hand, until only a couple birds were still left to be mutilated.

She'd been aware of other's presence, tanks to her connection with her precious spirits. Nothing could really surprise her anymore. But, as long as whatever felt the need to disturb her privacy left her and her work alone, she couldn't much care less.

"Dontcha make yerself at home, doe..." She huffed, starting on another carcass.

They call me the voodoo woman...
And I know the reason why...

template by revo. <3

[/html]
((325)) :: Pfft. watchoo talkin' 'bout? It's lovely~.

Messages In This Thread