you're dancing in quicksand
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... efinal.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:140px; background-position: bottom center;">
Such an odd thing, a promise. Looking back, Phoenix couldn’t remember if he ever made one before, except perhaps his oath to Iskata that he would never intentionally do anything to hurt her. The Omega didn’t need to make them; his word was good enough. When he said he’d do something, he’d do it, simple as that. It might as well have been a promise, even without holding one hand in the air or signing the deal with his own blood. But Gabriel couldn’t be expected to know that about him. Nevertheless, as soon as the words were uttered out of his mouth, a sickened knot formed in his stomach. He knew it would never come to the point where Skoll would force Phoenix to have to kill him, but just the very thought still made him ill.

But the words were let out, and Phoenix knew that Gabriel was just sick enough to hold Phoenix to that unholy deal. What else could Phoenix do though? He was still knew to this kind of bargaining, and he could foresee no other way of allowing Skoll back into the Place of Lightning and Thunder without risking a war, should the bronze coyote ever choose to return. Phoenix returned his “counterpart’s” gaze, somehow managing to seem unperturbed outwardly. “You’re th’one who came to me. If you got other business, name it. We’ll leave you alone if you leave us alone—that’s really the only issue that concerns me.”

Still, though his psychic perceptiveness did not include precognition, Phoenix could not help but feel that this was just the beginning. Deep down he just knew that he and Gabriel would butt heads again in the future, and many times.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread