Stand up, stand tall
A wistful smile quirked the corners of the snow hued matriarch's lips as the woman introduced herself and the pup, Anna. She missed having a pup, she missed having someone to take care of. The offer to hunt made the woman laugh. "That sounds like fun, but I'm afraid I'd only get in your way. I'm one of those rare wolves who simply is incapable of hunting, either alone or with others. I always manage to place my paw wrong and spook the prey, or go in for the kill too soon, or too late. So unless you want to teach an old wolf a new trick, I wish you both the best of luck."

Her eyes sparkled with laughter at her gentle quip against herself, though her mind was on a distant memory of leading an ill fated hunt where the Hymn had been wounded, leading to her demotion from hunter to scout. That had been long ago, in Syemv. She couldn't remember who had been alpha, if it had been Phasma or Akumu. She knew for sure it was after Rurik had left them. How old had she been then? Two or three then. Dierdre, her oldest daughter, had given her a bow shortly after that. Again, she found herself missing her bow.

Messages In This Thread