her ledger dripping red
[html]

Cassandra was not fool enough to think that every member of the clan was some villain to be vanquished; this was clear enough from her sister's membership and ultimate decision to stay. But all the same, she remembered all she'd been told of the history and culture, and in her memory still, the look in Kharma's eyes when he told the tale of fire and betrayal gave her pause. It could easily be true that Inferni did not kill or betray any more (or less) than any other pack -- she did not believe anymore that there existed places free of such things -- but this was the place that had wounded her father's heart, and that, she would hold against them.

"I don't imagine there's ever a wrong time to patrol borders," the albino said, shrugging somewhat dismissively. "If patrols only occurred at set hours, it would be easy to invade indeed." There was an earnestness in the other woman's voice that made her feel slight condescension. It was not innocence, necessarily, that Willam la Chemin radiated, but it was similar, and it bothered her. And it was, perhaps, telling that honesty made her uneasy.

"I'm mending this cloak." The lie came easily, and she almost did not realize that it was a lie until the words had already left her lips. "Sewing in new pieces to patch some holes." In the night, even with the full moon, the folds of the fabric bunched together and slid over each other to form a hundred shadows. It would be hard for anyone to see that the cloak was still quite whole without holding it up for more careful examination. "I prefer to sleep during the day," she continued, moving the conversation away from what she was doing. "It is easier to get things done at night, I think."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread