her ledger dripping red
[html]

Word Count → 504 :: Out of Character text

"I doubt one looks for intimidation in a mate." She spoke the words, broaching what weighted so heavily on her mind. "I don't even know what is to be looked for in a mate. I simply know that I am expected to find my own should I wish to contribute to the next generation." Willam had taken to the ground as she spoke quietly about her insecurities. She paused to glance up at the pale female briefly before she was looking away again, this time staring off towards the horizon. "What would you suggest? In la Chemin the leader would choose the pairings. I never knew what he judged on but it was done to make certain that the next generation was going to be strong." And she had been fine with that. She actually liked not having to make her own decision. Things were far easier that way since she never had to worry about making a wrong choice.

Willam knew all about the fire. it was a blessed thing when upon the pyre but not when it had trapped the others of la Chemin within their home. There had been no beauty in those being forced to pass over before they had reached a natural end to their lives. Willam had been lucky to escape that fate. Though she didn't know of how many others had as well. She missed her old home and the ease of the way things were done there. But she was growing to be fond of Inferni as well. She still had to get used to the many differences though.

"I think you are right." How peaceful could they be if the lasted longer and gave more of an opportunity for others to interrupt them? Yes, they were best when they were short but still she wished the ease and peace of mind that she felt could last longer at least. "Just for a couple of months or so. It was only recently that I met with the leadership and got my duties as well as living arrangements." Because her anxiety had her putting off speaking with the ones in charge. The whole time she had been hoping to come across a messenger to do her speaking for her. "Have you been here for years like the others have?" At least it was her assumption that everyone else had been living within Inferni for that long. She assumed that most had been born here and spent their entire lives here. The large female didn't see ay reason at all to leave behind one's home. Unless a disaster would strike, as had happened with her. If not for the fire that had threatened to consume everything left behind in la Chemin then she would have never gone anywhere else. And now it would be the same with Inferni. She saw no reason to leave the place unless tragedy struck once again. Willam would only leave when Inferni became no more as had happened with la Chemin.

<style>
.angel2-box {background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... mc8cx5.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:66px; height:103px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.angel2 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.angel2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.angel2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.angel2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.angel2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.angel2 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread