her ledger dripping red
[html]

Word Count → 543 :: Out of Character text

Cassandra's words actually had her laughing softly. She had never before imagined such things. Was it really possible that there might actually be someone that would like her just as she was? She had always thought that the opposite sex always wanted one that gave off the impression of a delicate little flower as their mates. "Perhaps not but it is looked favorably upon." Well, she didn't really know if that mattered in Inferni or not but it was all she had known growing up. There had been one time pairings in la Chemin before but those were sanctioned by the leadership and were quite rare. It usually happened when one mate passed along before another. It allowed for them to still contribute. The other half of the pairing was only known by the leadership in those cases. "I don't care so much for having a mate as for being able to contribute."

Willam focused on Cassandra as she was questioned about her fervent wish to add to the next generation. Willam had never really thought about why she wanted to do such a thing before but just knew that it was something that would end up happening. "I don't know. It is the only thing that I can give and prove my loyalty. It has just always been expected that I never questioned it before." The answer probably wouldn't be good enough but Willam really couldn't think of any other way to make a big contribution. She wasn't as skilled as others were, though she was willing to learn. "The only children I know of belong to Helotes." And well, they already had a father so it wasn't as if they were orphaned. "I gave his daughter a lesson in how to fish. You should see her. She is a natural." And she had given the girl further lessons past the first one. But it was only those two that she knew to be children of Inferni. She hadn't come across any others.

"Actually I didn't really mean to come here. I was on my way to land's end when I found the borders. I paused to question the decorations and ended up being invited to stay. With la Chemin destroyed I had nowhere else to go so I ended up accepting the offer and staying." Plus she had gotten along well with Ithiel and they had shared some of the same beliefs. She couldn't end up turning him down when she had found a kindred spirit in such an unexpected place. It was like it was fated for them to meet. Or such is what Willam had come to end up believing. Perhaps it would seem to be really silly to someone that didn't hold the same beliefs but it gave Willam a small amount of hope when she had just ended up losing everything that she had ever known. It gave her something to look forward to rather than the despair that she had been feeling prior to that encounter. So it really was enough for her even if she could never exactly explain it to someone else. Sure, Inferni was quite different but she was learning and making adjustments. The place was slowly becoming home to her.

<style>
.angel2-box {background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... mc8cx5.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:66px; height:103px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.angel2 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.angel2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.angel2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.angel2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.angel2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.angel2 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread