something happening somewhere
[html]

If pretending had not been her way of life for as long as it had, she would have curled her lip at the suggestion that some might find her enchanting. For what it was worth, Cassandra did not really dislike the way she looked; she could see in herself many faults, but her appearance and condition was something she had been born with, and so it was one of the few things she could not fault herself for. But she hated when others called attention to it. Even disguised as flatter, it was almost certainly negative attention, and children had as much capacity for cruelty as adults.

But she maintained her disinterested frown and kept her teeth hidden behind her pink lips. "I imagine if I wasn't welcome to stay, I wouldn't be allowed to be here at all, even temporarily," she said, ignoring the remark about her coat completely. "But pack life is not for me." Among other things, other reasons.

Pale red eyes shifted slightly to refocus on the palomino, who was still chewing away at her hay. The mare had given the new company a few sideways glances, but remained otherwise preoccupied with her food. "I have not had her long," Cassandra said, shrugging. "She does seem more at ease around other horses, but being around them is enough. Not very curious, but she's old. I imagine she's just tired most of the time."

The albino woman had had a few encounters with those that boasted the ability to speak the language of the horses, but while she found the idea entertaining, she had little interest in verifying it or learning herself. Perhaps it was arrogance to some extent, but with Lady, at least, she knew they had understood each other perfectly well without a verbal connection, and sometimes she missed the dappled grey mare more than anything else.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread