something happening somewhere
[html]

"If your mare offends, then it is to mine that the apology should be given," she said with an almost-smile. Whatever words or vague meanings that might have been communicated between the dark coyote and his horse were beyond her. Cassandra could guess at what their general body language and occasional head toss might mean, but it was a speculative thing that she did not care enough to confirm one way or another. She supposed Helote would have been more than happy to offer translations -- and he still might, without her prompting -- but she would not ask.

She nodded and shrugged with her good shoulder in the same turn. Distantly, she realized that if the coyote could speak to horses, then the palomino could have much to reveal about theft and blood and murder. The pallid woman watched the mare, who, while still eating, had both her ears perked forward; surely she knew they were talking about her. Even without understanding their canine words, the other horses would have suggested as much, probably.

"I saw Kaena, briefly," Cassandra said, pale red eyes still watching Soir. "It was not a proper meeting." She did not know whether Myrika had sent the old woman away for the duration of her visit, or whether Kaena had chosen to avoid them on her own, but she had not seen the aged matriarch since the day she'd arrived. Truthfully, she did not know whether she wanted to see her grandmother again. She had been perfectly content with Kaena Lykoi remaining just a name in a story. "She hasn't been around lately that I've seen.

"How many grandchildren does she have, do you know?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread