I pulled off your wings and I laughed
[html]

Existence was a circle, though it was one looped and woven by fates and the twists of a great serpent, deep in the roots of the World Tree. Siv believed in these stories as a skeptic might; she considered them possible, of course, but without proof she could not trust them. He had given her proof, and she worried (rightly so) that perhaps her doubt was wrong. As such things were beyond her, she trusted the gods to sort it out in the end—everything cycled, in life and death, and she saw further proof of this in the golden man who (by his own prowess or some chance of fate) had escaped slavery only to be captured once more. Destiny was a fickle thing.

The horse slowed to a stop as Gale approached them. Siv dismounted heavily, large feet hitting the earth with a dull noise, and hoisted the girl into her arms. “It was,” she admitted, and lowered Yvette to the earth. She scampered over to her father quickly and Siv stood upright, purple eyes searching Gale’s face.

“She was well behaved. I expect you were as well,” the witch said, and smiled thinly at the words. Her polite tone was hardly echoed in her hard, dark form. “We didn’t have much time to get acquainted before I left, so for now, I relieve you of this duty. Walk with me to my home; you will tend to my horse when we arrive.” Without waiting for a response, she swung herself back atop Hildr. The spotted mare snorted loudly and tossed her long-haired head, clearly eager to be done with the whole ordeal.

<style>
#siv-thor {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siv-thor p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siv-thor p.siv-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#siv-thor .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#siv-thor .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siv-thor b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siv-thor u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siv-thor b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread