I pulled off your wings and I laughed
[html]
wordcount ► 336

He kept his gaze levelly on the woman who was his mistress. Gale dare not flick his eyes to his sister's daughter, knowing that such a thing would betray them further. But there simply was nothing further to go beyond what they were now. Both slaves, and one without a future she had been promised silently by her only guardian. The girl probably remembered her beautiful mother and her dainty sister, but now there was only her hulking uncle to watch her. Even at her tender age, she knew that she had to be careful when interacting with her uncle, and called him father out of habit. Even as a younger child she had thought him her father, and considered him so even if his blood tie was through her mother only.

Siv ordered him to cease his work in the garden and he would obey. He bowed his head in obeisance to the woman, deferring to her power over his and Yvette's life. As soon as she swung herself onto the horse, Gale plucked his niece from the ground like a flower and tucked her against his chest. His hands were shaking as he held her, and she silently tolerated this, for she had missed him in the days of their separation. And she knew that their life was a dangerous one, and caution was better. But how she missed running free. How she missed it.

"Domina, I desire that you inform me of what my duties would be." Some had body slaves, kept to keep a person's body clean, clothed, groomed. Others had their fleshy women, and soft boys, to keep beds warm and pleasurable. Others cooked, others guarded. There did not seem to be quite as much of that specialization here, as the number of slaves was so much less. "I do not wish to disappoint by not knowing my place," he added, almost amused. He knew his place. He was a slave. He was the lowest of the low.

Image credited to RomeCabs. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.gale_02 {padding:5px 0px 250px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yR5kk.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#a02007; border: 1px solid #000; font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;line-height:12px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; margin: 0 auto;}
.gale_02 .inner {margin:0 10px; padding: 0px 9px 0px 9px;text-align:justify;}
.gale_02 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#480201; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; }
.gale_02 .wc {color:#f5bd16; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.gale_02 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#000;}
.gale_02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000; text-shadow:#cf2a00 1px 1px 2px;}
p.gale02_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread