just one move puts me by myself
(+310) Ves can be a stupid jerk sometimes, but she's been too gooey lately anyway. 8D Hope it's okay that she smells the Aston-smell and makes connection; just tell me if not!
[html]
[/html]
It seemed that she had misjudged the stuttering male, who didn’t yield to her hints (which was a long-shot anyway) and instead stood firm on his point. Her mangled ear twitched, and had it been full it would have laid back with frustration. She couldn’t help but wonder if they really were this prompt with kicking unattended guests to the curb, or if it was because of her affiliation with the big bad coyote clan. Judging from the spats she’d had lately with wolfy outsiders, she was inclined to think the latter; she was just cynical like that.

“Oh, Inferni knows everything about borders,” she quipped, her dry humor failing to touch her eyes. She doubted he would appreciate it, anyway.

The secui wolf addressed the possibility of questions anyway, although his note that she shouldn’t be the one to ask made her scowl. Having already pushed her insolence (even a former loner knew where to draw the line), she complied with his request and padded beside him, giving him a sidelong look as she spoke more coolly. “It is regarding one of my members—or former members. The problem is, I’m not sure what the case is anymore. He seemed to need to come here to care for some illegitimate child, and I need to know if that claim is legitimate.”

He might have asked a number of questions about that, and she went over the possibilities in her mind. Did she not trust her clan mates? Did she have a problem with fatherless bastards? She worked on answers as she walked, but her breathing teased a familiar scent toward her, and it took a second for her to realize that it was only the male walking beside her.

Blue eyes flashed, and she looked at him in a slightly new light. “Are you—what is your mother’s name?”

[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread