just one move puts me by myself
[html]
[/html]
She realized that, while she did feel her questions about Jacinto were justified, the last one came out of the blue and likely wouldn’t sit well with a stranger. Her mangled ear twitched, its large twin falling back against her slender skull as he looked at her, asking her for an explanation behind the questions. The coywolf allowed herself to slink backwards a step and lower herself in a partially-submissive crouch, the instincts on her father’s side finally catching up with her sharp coyote mind. He’d earned her respect, at least, proving to have good sense underneath that terrible stutter; and it didn’t hurt to play nice, anyways. What was the saying about honey and flies?

“I just—” Vesper got out, and cut herself off abruptly as she tried to collect her thoughts. “I’m a friend of an arctic wolf named Tayui, and—you smell like her.” She shrugged a shoulder and averted her gaze slightly. “I didn’t know if there was a connection; it was probably presumptuous to think so.”

Her pride did not allow her to remain so cowed for long, though, and she went on even if she didn’t rise from her slight crouch. “I do think the other question is relevant, though. Inferni has seen enough betrayal in the past, and I want to make sure Jacinto really is caring for a kid or if he’s just making up excuses.” She paused, frowned momentarily, and finally straightened. “I won’t hurt him if he has just left; he just won’t be welcome back with very open arms.”

[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread