just one move puts me by myself
[html]
[/html]Claudius was taken aback by her tone. He hadn’t expected her to guess who he was talking about, and even more, her response was completely surprising. Although he supposed if he thought about it, it made sense; no one trusted a spy, even if they were supposedly spying for them. He knew that he would always suspect that the spy was actually a double agent. He didn’t think that he was a naturally suspicious wolf, but perhaps many things had happened that caused this. Even so, he had taken Matteo and Gemma for refugees; not liars. While Gemma had seemed the one in need of protection, she had shown far more promise. He was glad that she had remained, even if Matteo had proven to be both untrustworthy and problematic. Claudius could trace their tensions to that day when the Anathemans had come demanding information about them. Claudius had protected them, but that hadn’t been the end of their disputes with the dark pack. So, Cladius thought he was quite justified in being wary of Vesper. She was abrupt and didn’t seem to believe in following the very rules her own clan so judiciously enforced.

So, when it came his turn to reply, at first, all he could do was snort in derision. He had not liked Matteo at all, but he wasn’t comfortable with Vesper to explain what else Matteo had done to deserve his anger.

“It suh-seems nuh-not a-a-all a-a-a-re wuh-what thuh-they seem, thuh-then,” he replied, with a pointed look. “I nuh-knew Tuh-tayui wuh-once. Wuh-why a-a-a-re you luh-looking for her? I-i-is it fuh-fuh-for the suh-same ruh-reasons as Jaci-i-intuh-to?” If this woman was this uncouth he was concerned that his mother had somehow attracted her ire. If anything, he still wanted to protect her even though she was no longer here.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread