just one move puts me by myself
Can end with your post, or mine, doesn't matter. :O And we can have a Tayui/Shiloh thread relatively soon, I think, since I'm getting caught up. Smile +349[html]
[/html]Vesper weathered the silence gladly, beginning to get a better picture of why this man wasn’t so fond of her, and just wanting to go home into Myrika’s arms more than anything else. She half-closed her eyes, remembering their night together, remembering the unhurried cuddling when the heat died down, the love she was afraid to put into words so soon. She barely registered his voice when he spoke, and she glanced at him quickly when he confirmed that he was related to the Aston woman—her son. She couldn’t say that she was surprised, but her eyes did widen a fraction, and she nodded.

The pale wolf said that Tayui would contact her, and Ves wondered whether she was particularly worried about whether she did or not. She thought of herself as the woman’s friend, of course, but it was a different kind of friendship than she’d had with others. She didn’t have to know what the older woman was doing all the time or even now, even if she would always look forward to seeing her again.

“Whenever we run into each other again, I’ll tell her that her son has a good head on his shoulders,” Vesper said with a small grin, a truce of sorts. She faced forward and couldn’t help but wag her tail when she saw the fencing come into view. She turned to him, wanting to just prance away and run north until she reached the skull-lined borders, but tried to contain the energy. “Thanks for—” She tilted her head, deciding she didn’t really have a lot to thank him for, and so she finished dryly: “Not eating me for loitering on your territory, I suppose. I can’t say I’d want us to meet again, either, but if that’s the case I hope the circumstances aren’t like this. I only want what’s best for my clan, as do you your Tribe, and of course for the child.” She tried to make the half-truths come out more full, knowing that she’d be cross if Jacinto, if not his spawn, didn’t come back.
[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread