Uncovering Truth
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... mfenv2.png); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

As DaVinci gave his response, Cwmfen turned to face him, smiling softly at his response, but she remained silent, finding no words with which to fill the silence. She wondered at the hybrid and at his story. She wondered why he would be rejected. Indeed, there had been hostility with in him—a great anger and frustration threatening to pour fourth in a great torrent or wave; she had felt it within her as if experiencing it for herself. The texture of that rage... it was smooth and comforting, yet unbearable and hot. It was easy to take comfort in such rage, to let it consume the soul and to transform the vessel into some unbearably monster discontent with everything—even itself. But DaVinci was not yet consumed—perhaps he would never be. It was a relief to the black fae when she discovered this—of course, she had always felt no need to fear for this male, but thought was needed to solidify her premonition.

Content, the female lowered her head to her paws. She did not move closer nor farther, she merely remained where she was and offered her silent company. With out the shack, the black fae listened to the rain. The intensity of its song head lessened, but its glory did not diminish. It merely became a whisper that shone like the sun through the dew drops. The white orbs hid behind the black lids, and her breathing slowed so that she seemed to be in some deep slumber. But the woad-marked fae had not relinquished her consciousness. Instead, she had touched the surface of her subconscious by means of the song of the rain, and she became closer thusly to the gods. And yet they were so distant from her, or she from them, and their presence was faint...

As Cwmfen opened her eyes, the rain seemed to cease. The song came to an end, and the sun actually broke the clouds, a forceful penetration, strong and almost deliberate, spreading tiny shards of diamonds through each drop. The black fae released her breath, which had been held for the sudden transformation of the world. She so loved the natural glories of the earth. Turning, she smiled to the hybrid, and her voice danced upon the crisp air anew. "See how the world changes." Then she turned her gaze back to the brightening world. "There is hope yet." Then fluidly, the Caledonian-Korean she-wolf rose from DaVinci’s side, and it was apparent that she was now departing.

"I regret my hostility towards you when we first met. Forgive my quick judgement." And then she had slipped from the threshold of the shack that had so generously sheltered the two canines through the storm. Lighthearted steps carried her quickly through the foliage of the forest, and the light was blinding. Cwmfen turned back, calling to the hybrid, "Should you desire some company, I will give it willingly." Then she was gone. Through the trees there was no trace, and only the calling birds marked her passage.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread