[p] in this world it's hard to get it right
[html]
(343) I'm alright now. x3 But my sanity should be questioned: foot bleeding? Type post for 'Souls.

She stopped as well as they seemed to reach the reason why she came to visit Skye. The Artisan, despite being similar in age to her, was far more expeierenced. With men, with pack duties, everything, it seemed. She was ripe, fresh to the game of life, and already the odds seemed to be slanted against her, so she thought. Skye was also in her position, though in a different approach, but she handled it with more grace than Alyssum could muster.

The words she answered with proved as much. While she sought for more obvious advice, perhaps she would have to settle for that at the moment. Suddenly, questions were being directed at her, and she laid her ears against her head once more. It was hard to meet Skye's intense gaze as well, but she at least managed to without looking away often. She mulled over her reply for a minute, which was reasonable.

Would saying she wanted everything to go back to normal be childish? In fact, it was; nothing would be "normal" again, but she could not help but waste moments in the day wishing that things did not turn out the way they did. The second part of the question stumped her. What did she want? The question was pointed. She knew that Jazper must have told her about his likeness for her. Her response was conflicted.

"I... I don't know." Stupid answer. "I mean... I don't want to get in the way of what he has to do. I don't want things to get any more complicated." If Skye was as sharp as she was, she could easily catch that her words were sewn with two answers. The obvious, that she wanted things to go on without her, not wanting to trouble anyone. Then... The unmentioned confession. Yes, she did love him back. But... She didn't want things to be this way, not when someone suffered in any way. Even when her heart fluttered at the thought of the man, she caged it with a guilty conscience.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread