Theatre Therapy
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Terra {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#225e5f; color:#fff; opacity: 0.8; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Terra b{color:#ecaf06; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}</style>

OOC Stuffs go here

Terra grinned at the question, shaking her head. I told you, magic is my trade. A closely guarded secret. A glimpse of silver caught her eye, and it was in her palm, her thieving nature showing through. Then all she did was reveal her prize. Easy enough to make it disappear as well. She wouldn't be caught. She had been taught her tricks well. Some of it was intuitive, some learned from the tales she had listened to growing up, and some taught to her by those that saw more than just a thief in her.

Tilting her head Terra wondered how to share that tale. It wasn't an easy one. After all, the magic was all about mystery, and being hidden. So telling the tale in a straightforward manner wasn't possible. The other questions would have been much more easy to answer. Terra had said that she would tell any tale though, and Orin had chosen the one that sparked the most interest in her. The magician would do her best to share how she had learned.

You could say that what I do is not magic at all, but simple wit. After all, I learned from Coyote. Her tales are of great tricks, and I began there, emulating her patterns. A sly word, a quick movement, learning to hide my presence and make myself move too quickly to be caught. I am a thief, and a rather good one. I lived off it. It only boosted me more, learning how to make things appear and disappear. Coyote stood in good stead with me, learning how to mimic her tricks, from speaking with foxes to vanishing over the water.

I wasn't a magician yet though. Not until I came here, and learned what it meant to be a luperci, what one was capable of on two legs. I took things even further, more dexterous than before. A member of this pack saw that, impressed by my skill. She told me, that my tricks and games could be more. That it could hold others under sway, captive to my words and actions. She drew me in, and taught me of magic. I learned to mimic her. It was clumsy at first, but I practiced, occasionally breaking through intuitively. And when I breathed, my breath became a spell. So I learned magic here in the court, where so many things are different from where I grew up.
Terra
Wordcount :: +000

template by revo. <3 - Table and code modifications by Alex

[/html]

Messages In This Thread