Theatre Therapy
[html]
Word Count :: 300+

Orin was quiet, respectful, mesmerized by Terra’s story. For once her eyes didn’t fall back to the floor yet remained trained on the coyote’s face and glossy, golden-spackled eyes. Here ears swiveled back for only a breath when she realized it was not magic, but sleight of hand that Terra performed. Still, what she did was pretty incredible, and she wanted to see more tricks.

“Who was it? I mean, who was the member of the Court who mentored you?” She arched a brow and tilted her head in curiosity. There was so much that she could learn from her pack mates. She wanted to have a story like this, but instead she spent so much time huddled away. It wasn’t only after the tragedy that she did so, too. No, back during her first stint in the Court she kept herself locked inside the Chien Hotel for days on end with her nose buried in books. Her eyes began to wander away from Terra, scanning the stage that they were on. There were ways to learn new stories that didn’t involve locking yourself up. There were ways of experiencing stories with each other.

“Have you ever performed here? I read a book once about this famous human who said he was a magician. He did all kinds of tricks and people would come from all around to see him. ‘Death defying’ they would say a lot, ‘very dangerous’, and things like that. I even saw some pictures, though the book was pretty old, of him locked up upside down in a tank of water.” She meandered away from Terra a few steps, looking around the stage. “I’m enamored with plays. I wonder if you could do a sort of… magic show, play type… thing.” She touched her chin while she contemplated, and then turned slowly, looking at the area, although whatever she was surveying she really didn’t know because she didn’t know the extent of what Terra could do.

“Maybe you could do big shows for the pack! Maybe… I could help…” The last part was a little more meek, but she could. If Terra needed an assistant she could easily bring her things on stage, or help with set up. Little did she know that some magician’s assistants were often part of the act.

Photo courtesy of Alaskan Dude

<style>
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#c30228; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 {background-color:#faede5; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6778/orinpink.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:362px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread