Theatre Therapy
[html]
Sorry for the wait, I don't typically have time to post on weekends but yay for week days! Word Count :: 300+

Orin nodded slowly. She was sure she and Terra were talking about the same type of trick when it came to the knives, only Terra spoke of using a skill to craft the illusion rather than a fake prop. “Yes, like that. I think. How about I find that old book and look a few things up for you, and you can see if you want to try any of them?” She grinned, but the grin melted slowly with Terra’s next words. She cocked her head sideways, trying to figure out what ‘shadow of the bear’ meant. She shook her head. “I don’t know that one…” she muttered softly. “What did you do to the bear?”

The bear was all but forgotten, though, as Terra moved on. Perhaps Orin would learn what she meant, but with the promise of learning magic and now the enticing order of adding story to it, Orin was hooked on moving forward. She nodded eagerly. “Stories, no problem. I’m kind of a book worm,” that was the understatement of the century, “and I don’t have any problem remembering stories.” She tapped her forehead, proud of her mind that could hold so many fantasies, although they didn’t always come out in the right order when she tried to retell them.

“Can you do any fairy tricks? I’d love to do something about fairies. I named my daughter Titania, you know, after the queen of the fairies in Shakespeare’s novels. They’re hundreds of years old, maybe there’s some magic behind those stories. Do you know of it?” She was getting so excited that she was starting to prattle on, digressing as she though of fairies, and the Bard, and then her daughters. “Or something with flowers that I… we… you… could show my daughter Juliet. And Svetlana… she’ll just love anything, she’s just a pup. Ok! Ok! Ok! Where do we start?! What do I do?”

Somewhat comically, she turned to face the house seats, staring straight ahead with her arms out in the air like she was about to cast some magnificent spell, but then after a moment turned just her eyes to Terra, awaiting direction.

Photo courtesy of Alaskan Dude

<style>
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#c30228; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 {background-color:#faede5; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6778/orinpink.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:362px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread